1 (800) 308-4358

Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST

Closing at 3 PM CST Friday 12/9

Choose Bond
Enter Info
Receive Quote
generic bond icon

Tennessee Alcohol Tax Bond

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you today? Buy your bond within 49 min! !


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does an alcohol tax bond cost in Tennessee?

Tennessee alcohol consumption-on-the-premises tax bonds are issued instantly and cost $120 with no underwriting (or $100 for wine only). Other alcohol-related tax bonds require an underwriter's review. Simply click Buy Now to purchase your bond directly from our site using our secure bond checkout. It only take a few minutes to be on your way to getting your Tennessee alcohol tax bond.

Bond Type
$10,001-$100,000Alcoholic Consumption on Premises
$2,000Alcoholic Consumption on PremisesWine Only
$10,000Alcoholic Consumption on PremisesFull Liquor Bond
$75,000Alcoholic Beverages Tax BondCertificate of Registration to Wholesale or Distribute Alcoholic Beverages
$10,000Beer Tax BondBeer Wholesalers
$20,000Beer Tax BondBeer Manufacturers

What is a liquor tax bond?

The state of Tennessee requires professionals who sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on specific premises to post a $10,000 surety bond. If you plan on selling wine only, you will need a $2,000 surety bond. If you plan on being an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or distributor, you will need a $75,000 surety bond.

Tennessee tax bonds for sale of alcohol on the premises ensure that principals (licensed sellers of alcohol) adhere to the provisions of the Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 57-4-101. This specific bond also protects the State of Tennessee by ensuring that the principal will properly pay all state taxes, sales taxes, interest and penalties that are connected with selling alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.

The Tennessee alcohol tax bond form can be used for multiple bonds. You can use this form if you need a full liquor bond, wine-only bond, beer manufacturers or wholesalers bond, alcoholic beverages tax bond, tobacco affixing agent bond, or a tobacco manufacturer’s warehouse bond. If you need a tobacco bond, visit our Tennessee Tobacco Tax Stamp Affixing Agent Bond page.

How to get a liquor-by-the-drink tax bond

To get your alcohol tax bond, you must fill out the Tennessee tax bond form with all of the necessary information. The company’s FEIN and county must be listed on the bond form. The signature of whoever signs the bond on behalf of the company must be notarized. Tennessee tax bonds for sale of alcohol on the premises are continuous until canceled, and the surety company must provide written notice of the bond’s cancellation to the Commission at least 60 days in advance.

How to get a liquor license in Tennessee

The state of Tennessee requires liquor-by-the-drink licensing, meaning depending on what beverages you intend on serving and what type of business you run, the licensing process will differ. To get a liquor license in Tennessee, follow these steps:

  1. Determine what type of license you will need. Follow the links below for requirements and restrictions for each type:
    Special Occasion
    Hotel & Motel
    Wine-Only Restaurant
    Airline, Boat, and Train
    Limited-Service Restaurant
    Festival License
  2. Apply for your license through the Regulatory Licensing and Permitting System.
  3. The building and business will be inspected by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The documentation you will need to provide includes:
    Lease or deed
    Health Inspection
    Zoning approval
    Final use and occupancy
    Food menu
    Surety bond
    Price schedule of drinks
  4. Pay all necessary fees. Fees can be paid online through RLPS or by check. Fees differ depending on your business. For a list of fee amounts, visit the Alcoholic Beverage Commission Fees page.

Liquor-by-the-drink licenses, also known as on-premise consumption licenses, need to be renewed on a yearly basis. The renewal date will be printed on the license, and inspections will need to be completed yearly as well. Renewals can be made through the RLPS website. For all other questions on licensing, visit the Tennesee Alcoholic Beverage Commission FAQ page.

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert