generic bond icon

Texas Motor Fuels Tax Continuous Bond

Price Varies / 1 year term


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a motor fuels tax bond cost in Texas?

If you supply, import, export, deal, or blend gasoline or diesel fuel within Texas, you must be bonded. The required bond amount must be equal to two times the maximum amount of tax liability that could accrue during a reporting period or accrue on purchased tax-free gasoline.

The minimum bond amount for gasoline and diesel fuel is $30,000, and the maximum amount is $600,000. If you handle dyed diesel fuel, the minimum bond amount is $10,000, and the maximum is $600,000. Bond amounts are determined by the Comptroller of Public Accounts, and applicants should verify their required bond amount prior to bonding.

Because the price and required amount of this bond can vary so much, the best way to find out exactly how much you’ll pay is to request your free bond quote now!

Bond Type
$10,000-$600,000Motor Fuels Tax Continuous BondBond amount is determined be license type

Why do I need this bond?

By posting a Texas motor fuels tax continuous bond, the principal (supplier, importer, exporter, or blender) promises to comply with all state statutes pertaining to the motor fuel industry. Specifically, principals pledge to pay all taxes that become due to the state.

If the principal fails to comply with these terms, the bond protects the state from financial loss up to the full amount of the bond. The principal must reimburse the surety for all damages paid out.

Receive your free bond quote within one business day of submitting your application when you work with the experts at

What’s the fine print?

Motor fuels tax bonds in Texas remain in full force and effect until canceled. The bond remains continuous from the effective date and will be automatically extended from calendar year to calendar year.

What are the licensing requirements?

Licensing requirements vary depending on the type of license being applied for (supplier, importer, exporter, dealer, or blender).

Any individual who is licensed as a sole owner, partnership, corporation, or other organization under the Texas Motor Fuels Tax Law must submit a Texas Application for Fuels Tax License form.

Complete licensing information can be accessed from the "Additional Resources" section of this page.

Ready to get started?

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert