How much does a polygraph bond cost in Texas?
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation requires polygraph examiners to post $5,000 surety bonds.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds instantly for just $100. There’s no credit check required, so all applicants pay the same low, flat rate. Get bonded now!
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost*|
|Polygraph Examiner Bond||$5,000||$100||Buy Now|
Get bonded instantly when you choose SuretyBonds.com! Call 1 (800) 308-4358, or click here, to get started.
Why do I need this bond?
By posting a Texas polygraph examiner surety bond, the principal (polygraph examiner) agrees to abide by all provisions of the Polygraph Examiners Occupations Code, which can be found in Title 10 of the Texas Occupations Code. Prohibited acts according to these laws include:
- aiding or abetting another to violate any law in this section
- allowing an unlicensed person to use the examiner’s license
- making any material misstatement in the application
- making a false report regarding a polygraph test
- demonstrating incapability as a polygraph examiner
- and more
This bond protects any person who is injured or aggrieved by the principal’s violation of these terms from financial loss up to the full amount of the bond.
What’s the fine print?
Texas polygraph bonds remain in full force and effect until canceled by the surety. The surety can cancel the bond at any time by giving written notice of cancellation to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation 30 days prior to the effective cancellation date.
How to become a polygraph examiner in Texas
Posting a polygraph examiner bond is just the first step toward becoming licensed in Texas. The following documents must be attached to the license application:
- complete criminal history
- disciplinary action history
- proof of necessary education or experience
- summary of investigative experience
- statement of applicant
- surety bond
- and more
Ready to get started?