How much does a private investigator or detective bond cost in West Virginia?
The West Virginia Secretary of State requires private detectives and investigators to post $2,500 surety bonds.
SuretyBonds.com issues these bonds instantly for just $100! There’s no credit check required, so all applicants pay the same flat rate. Simply click the Buy Now button below to visit our secure payment portal to purchase your bond online today.
|Bond Type||Bond Amount||Cost|
|$2,500 Private Detective or Investigator Bond||$2,500||$100|
Why do I need this bond?
Private detective/investigator bonds in West Virginia ensure that principals (detectives/investigators) comply with all provisions, rules, regulations and amendments provided by the Secretary of State. If the principal does not conduct business in a lawful manner, he or she will be held responsible for compensating the surety for any damages it covers.
What’s the fine print?
If the principal remains compliant with all regulations and performs all business lawfully and ethically, the bond will remain in full force and effect. The bond’s expiration date is stated on the bond form.
A notary public must acknowledge that the principal has met all requirements and sign the bond form.
How to become a private investigator or detective West Virginia
To be eligible to apply for a private investigator license in West Virginia, applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a citizen of the U.S. or an alien legally residing in the U.S.
- be of good moral character
- have not had a previous investigator or security guard license revoked or denied
- have not been declared incompetent by a court because of a mental defect or illness
- not suffer from narcotics addiction or dependence or habitual drunkenness
- have not been convicted of a felony
- and more
Complete licensing information can be accessed via the Important Links section of this page.
Ready to get started?