generic bond icon

Wyoming Contractor License Bonds

Select Bond For Price
Want your bond emailed to you Friday, Jun. 7? Buy your bond within 20 hrs 41 min!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a Wyoming contractor license bond cost? 

Wyoming contractor license bond costs start at $100 annually. Your exact cost will vary depending on the contractors license type you need and its required bond amount. Most city and county contractor compliance bonds cost $100 annually. The state-required Department of Revenue Non-Resident Contractor Sales and Use Tax Bonds require a quick application review to determine pricing. 

How do you get a Wyoming contractor license bond?

You can purchase most Wyoming contractor license bonds online 24/7. Simply select the bond required for your business license from the dropdown above or the table below. Your information requirements depend on your licensing agency, but you'll typically provide your individual construction contractor or company name, physical business address, and license type for filing approval. Once your order is processed, your bonding confirmation will be sent to your email. 

How fast can I get a contractor bond? offers instant 24/7 official surety bond delivery for most Wyoming contractor license bonds. If your licensing authority requires your official bond be physically issued and delivered to you, we will ship it to your preferred mailing address. Our industry-leading technology and expert customer service team allow us to offer free quotes and deliver your official Wyoming contractor bond faster than any other surety company

If you have questions about Wyoming contractor bond requirements, call 1 (800) 308-4358 to speak with a friendly surety expert. We're here to guide you through the contractor bond process so you can get back to running your business.

Bond Type
$5,000City of Gillette Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Lander Contractor Bond
$10,000Town of Jackson Contractor Bond
$1,000City of Newcastle Contractor Bond
$5,000Town of Pine Haven General Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Sheridan Contractor Bond Plumbing, HVAC, Fire Sprinkler, Electrical, Siding, Roofing, Glazing, Masonry, Structural Concrete, Plastering, Drywall, Acoustical, Sign, Solar, Excavation, Utilities
$25,000City of Sheridan Contractor Bond Commercial General, Residential General,
$2,000Town of Wheatland Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Worland Contractor Bond
$1,000-$150,000Non-Resident Contractor Single Contract Sales and Use Tax Bond
$1,000-$1,000,000Non-Resident Contractor Multiple Contract Sales and Use Tax Bond

What is a Wyoming contractor license bond? 

Wyoming contractor license bond” is a generic term for various contractor bonds required for licensing by cities and counties across the state. Wyoming Statutes 39-16-306 also requires non-resident contractors file a specific contractor sales and use tax bond before working in the state. The exact name of your Wyoming surety bond form and its terms will vary depending on which regulatory authority requires it.

Why are contractor bonds required in Wyoming? 

Contractor license bonds require contractors to follow all relevant local compliance laws for the cities or counties they work in. They generally prohibit fraud and require contractors to complete projects as agreed upon with their clients. The Non-Resident Contractor Sales and Use Tax Bond specifically requires non-resident contractors pay all state-required taxes to the Department of Revenue on time and allows the DOR to collect on unpaid, owed taxes. If a contractor fails to fulfill the professional obligations outlined on their bond form, the issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to the full bond amount, which the bonded contractor must then reimburse.

Who regulates licensing for contractors? 

Requirements for your Wyoming contractor license application will vary depending on your licensing authority/government agency. If you have questions about licensing requirements or need help determining which surety bond you need, contact whoever told you to purchase and file a Wyoming surety bond. 

The Wyoming Department of Revenue Excise Tax Division enforces the Non-Resident Contractor Sales and Use Tax Bond requirement and can be reached by phone at 1 (307) 777-5200 or by email at [email protected].

Who needs a Wyoming contractor license bond? 

Wyoming contractor bond requirements vary depending on where you work and the kind of construction work you do. If you work as a contractor in one of the cities listed below, you must file an additional bond with the city to fulfill local licensing compliance requirements. If you need a surety bond for a city not listed below, call 1 (800) 308-4358.

Gillette requires contractors to file a $5,000 surety bond with the Building and Inspection Division. All contractors, subcontractors and contract labor working on infrastructure, improvements and repairs in the public right-of-way and city projects in Gillette must hold the class of license required for the work performed. Individual trade licenses are also required for Class D electrical, gas pipefitter, HVAC, plumbing and refrigeration contractors.

Jackson requires a $10,000 surety bond for contractors that hold the following license types.

  • building contractor - restricted (class Br)
  • building contractor (class B)
  • electrical contractor
  • fire sprinkler contractor
  • gas service contractor
  • general contractor (class A)
  • heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractor
  • lawn sprinkler installer
  • low voltage electrical contractor
  • plumbing contractor
  • refrigeration contractor
  • residential contractor (class C)
  • water conditioning installer
  • wood stove/gas stove installer

Lander requires Class I, II, III and IV building contractors to be licensed to perform construction work within the city. All licenses are granted for a period of 1 year running from July 1 to June 30 except for the initial year if the year is only a fraction of the year. The initial year will run from the time the license is granted to June 30 of the first year. Every applicant for issuance or renewal of an electrical contractor, plumbing contractor, building contractor, refrigeration repair work or HVAC contractor license must file a $10,000 surety bond.

Newcastle requires contractors to file a $1,000 bond that must be maintained as long as the license is active.  

Pine Haven requires a $5,000 contractor bond to be filed by contractors that hold a Class A or Class B license. 

Sheridan requires a bond be filed with the Building Division before becoming a licensed contractor. Commercial and residential contractor bonds must be issued for $25,000 and plumbing, siding, roofing, concrete, sign/solar, and HVAC bonds must be issued for $10,000.

Worland Department of Business Safety requires contractors to obtain a permit as well as purchase and file a $5,000 bond. 

Wheatland Building Inspectors require a $2,000 bond before contractors can work in the city. 

Need a surety bond for a construction project in Wyoming? 

Wyoming contractor bonds are required for licensing compliance. If you need a surety bond before you can begin work on an individual contracted project, you might need a bid bond, payment bond, performance bond, or other type of contract bond. If you work in states other than Wyoming, we also offer contractor license bonds nationwide.

How do I update or change my contractor license bond form? 

If the Wyoming Department of Revenue or other contractor licensing authority requires your surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your surety provider. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change.

The most common changes requested for these bonds are the construction contractor or company name, physical business address, or license type.

How do you renew your Wyoming contractor license surety bond? 

You must renew your Wyoming surety bond before its current term expires to maintain your bonding status as required for your license. Once you pay your renewal invoice, renewal instructions will be emailed to you to keep your bond and contractor license active.

How do I get a contractor license in Wyoming? 

The licensing requirement for your contractor business license will vary depending on where you work, the type of work you do, and the regulatory agency that issues your license. For more information on your contractor licensing application, contact the regulatory agency requiring you to get a contractor license surety bond. 

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert