Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.
We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.
We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.
What does an Arizona auto dealer bond cost?
Arizona auto dealer bond costs start at $750 for the state-required 1-year-term. Your exact motor vehicle dealer bond premium will be provided after a quick application underwriting review. SuretyBonds.com offers the industry's lowest auto dealer bond premiums and can approve 99% of applicants quickly and easily.
How do you get an Arizona auto dealer bond?
Apply for your Arizona auto dealer bond online 24/7 through our safe and secure application portal. The Department of Transportation requires the following information be submitted with your application for bond approval.
- business company name
- business location
- dealer license number, if available
Your official motor vehicle dealer bond will be delivered by email once your order has been processed.
How fast can I get a motor vehicle dealer bond?
Our industry-leading technology and responsive customer service team allow us to offer free quotes and deliver official Arizona auto dealer bonds faster than any other surety provider. Orders placed by 4 PM CST Monday-Friday are typically processed with same-day emailed bond delivery.
If you have any questions about Arizona motor vehicle dealer bonds or your application, call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with one of our friendly surety experts.
What is an Arizona motor vehicle dealer bond?
Arizona Statutes Title 28 Chapter 10 Article 28-4362 requires dealers who sell new and/or used vehicles to the public file a $100,000 surety bond to guarantee dealer license compliance. These bonds protect consumers from dealers and dealerships that fail to operate according to state law. If such an instance occurs, the surety company will pay valid claims up to the full $100,000 bond amount, which the bonded dealer must reimburse.
The same Arizona vehicle dealer bond form is used for new/used dealers, automotive recyclers, wholesale dealers, and wholesale auction dealers. The dealer license process varies slightly for each license type, including the required bond amount.
Why do I need an Arizona motor vehicle dealer bond?
By filing this bond, you agree to operate your dealership according to Arizona statutes, which include the following.
- post a business sign at the front of the store visible from 300 feet in daylight
- keep and maintain records of all vehicles
- obtain legal permits to exhibit, display, or sell offsite
- disclose damage and/or repairs to buyers before selling vehicles
- hold the titles to vehicles you sell
- not advertise offsite vehicle sales
- secure manufacturers' warranties for customers
- provide customers with manufacturer rebate applications
Who regulates licensing for Arizona auto dealers?
The Arizona Department of Transportation enforces auto dealer license and surety bond requirements according to state statutes. You'll submit all license application and bond paperwork through the ADOT Force portal.
What Arizona vehicle dealer bond amount do you need?
The Arizona DOT enforces different bond amount requirements depending on which dealer license you need.
- $100,000: Used motor vehicle dealer who sells used vehicles to the public
- $100,000: New motor vehicle dealer who sells new vehicles to the public
- $25,000: Wholesale dealer who only sells used vehicles to licensed dealerships
- $25,000: Wholesale auction dealer who doesn't buy, sell, or own the vehicles they auction
If you work as a wholesale auction dealer or will only sell used vehicles to licensed dealerships, you need a $25,000 Arizona wholesale dealer bond. If you're trying to register a vehicle without the original title, you need an Arizona certificate of title bond.
How do I update my auto dealer bond form?
If the Arizona Department of Transportation requires your auto dealer surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your surety provider. If you purchased your Arizona surety bond from SuretyBonds.com, email [email protected] to explain the needed change.
Updating the dealership’s name or address are the most common changes requested.
How do you renew your dealer bond?
Always renew your Arizona auto dealer bond before the current term expires. Renewal instructions will be emailed to you once you pay the SuretyBonds.com renewal invoice for your car dealer bond.
What are the requirements to be a motor vehicle dealer in Arizona?
Learn How To Get An Arizona Motor Vehicle Dealer License by reviewing our comprehensive guide.
Complete these steps to apply for your Arizona motor vehicle dealer license.
1. Set up your ADOT Force account.
2. Submit your online application with the following.
- Authorized Presence Documentation
- AZ MVD Now Dealership Administrator Application
- Authorization To Release Information - Statement of Personal History
- Transaction Privilege Tax License copy
- $100,000 Vehicle Dealer Surety Bond
- Location photos
- Dealer plate application
- $15 filing fee
- Articles of incorporation copy (unless filing as individual or partnership)
- Manufacturer franchise authorization(s) (new vehicle dealers only)
- Authorization letter/certificate of appointment (new vehicle dealers only)
3. Contact the Arizona Applicant Processing Services for your background check and fingerprinting.
For additional information about dealer licensing, visit the Arizona DOT’Application Process & Account Set Up page.