1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Info
  4. 4. Purchase Your Bond

Georgia $10,000 Used Auto Parts Dealer Bond

Cost: $100.00 / 2-year term

Want your bond emailed to you tomorrow? Buy your bond now.

The Georgia Board of Used Motor Vehicle Parts requires all used auto parts dealers to be licensed and bonded. A used parts dealer is described as any business that is buying, selling, or using used motor vehicle parts or accessories. You are required to be licensed if you partake in one or more of the following businesses: motor vehicle parts dealer, motor vehicle dismantler, motor vehicle salvage dealer, or motor vehicle rebuilder.

Please note this page is for parts dealer licensing. If you are a used motor vehicle dealer, you need a Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond. If you have lost or need to obtain a vehicle title, a Georgia Certificate of Title Bond is required.

How much does a used vehicle parts dealer bond cost in Georgia?

The cost of a Georgia used auto parts dealer bond starts at $100 for the two-year term. The bond will expire on December 31st of odd years. Used vehicle parts dealers are prorated, meaning the length of the term will have an effect on the premium you pay. For example, a longer term may require an additional percentage added to the premium. The bond amount is $10,000 and these bonds can be issued instantly.

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost
$10,000 Used Auto Parts Dealer Bond $10,000 Starts at $100

Why do I need a used auto parts dealer bond?

The Georgia State Board of Registration requires all used auto parts dealers to be bonded to assure that their clients have financial security if the dealer partakes in unethical activities. By obtaining a used car parts dealer bond, the dealer is agreeing to take financial responsibility for all losses, damages, and expenses that may be sustained by any purchaser of a used motor vehicle part. The bond ensures that dealers conduct business ethically and in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia.

Ready to get bonded quickly and easily? Get started now!

How to get a Georgia used motor vehicle parts dealer license

Before you submit your used motor vehicle parts license application, it is important to check with your local authorities to ensure that your business location meets all local zoning laws. When submitting your application, make sure to include the following:

  1. An original surety bond in the amount of $10,000 with the Power of Attorney form attached

  2. An original certificate of insurance with the policy number and limits listed (must be at least 50k/100k/25k)

  3. Pictures of the established place of business clearly showing the sign denoting the name and the building in which required records are kept

  4. Sales Tax Number issued by the Revenue Department

  5. Fingerprint Cards completed by the applicant

  6. Fees

    • Application Fee: $150 (non-refundable)

    • Fingerprint Card Fee: $24 (cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation)

When you are ready to renew your license, there will be a $150 renewal fee. If you renew after the 2 year period is up, there will be a $225 late renewal fee. Before submitting, be sure your application is signed and notarized. Allow 30 days from the date you mail your application to obtain your license.

Mail your application to:




Take the first step toward becoming licensed in Georgia by purchasing the surety bond you need! Our experts do all of the hard work for you so that you can focus on what you do best: running your business.

What are the types of used car parts dealers?

The four types of used car parts dealers are:

  • Dealer: takes part in the buying and selling aspects

  • Dismantler: takes part in the purchasing of non-repairable vehicles in order to sell the motor vehicle parts.

  • Salvage dealer: purchases salvage vehicles or parts for purposes of selling.

  • Rebuilder: buys salvaged or wrecked motor vehicles for the purpose of restoring them with new parts. A rebuilder’s intent is to sell the completed motor vehicle.

If you partake in any of these actions, you are required to have a motor vehicle parts dealer license bond!

Ready to get started?

Additional Resources

Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealer Application

Secretary of State State - Board of Registration of Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealers Home

681-3-.01 Complete Applications Forms Required

Electronic Delivery
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees