1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Info
  4. 4. Purchase Your Bond

Nebraska Contractor License Bond

$100.00 / 1-year term

Available Now
Want your bond emailed to you tomorrow? Buy your bond now.

How much does a contractor bond cost in Nebraska?

The City of Omaha Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division requires contractors to post a $10,000 surety bond to get a license. Farm labor contractors are required in the amount of $5,000 by the Nebraska Commissioner of Labor.

Omaha contractor bonds cost $100 and are issued instantly. Applicants can purchase their bond online in just a few minutes using our secure bond checkout by simply clicking Buy Now. Farm labor contractor bonds are subject to underwriting, meaning that the premium an applicant pays will be determined by an underwriter.

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost
$10,000 City of Omaha Contractor Bond $10,000 $100
$12,500 City of Omaha Electrical Contractor Bond $12,500 $125
$5,000 Farm Labor Contractor Bond $5,000 Price Varies GET A QUOTE

City of Omaha contractor license bonds

Omaha requires contractors to be licensed and bonded in order to protect city and its residents from harm caused by the contractor’s failure to adhere to the terms established by the bond. The following are the license classifications for which applicants can apply:

  • Class A - contractors who can work on all structures up to and including high-rise buildings
  • Class B - contractors who can work on all structures up to 4 stories tall
  • Class C - contractors who work on home and duplex buildings
  • Class D - contractors who do residential remodeling
  • Class E - contractors who do roofing, siding, window and deck installations

How to become an Omaha, Nebraska contractor

Once bonded, a contractor can apply to become licensed by the city. To get licensed, a contractor must meet the following requirements:

  • Pass licensing examination
  • Apply for appropriate license class
  • Pay required licensing fee
  • obtain adequate insurance

Omaha contractor licenses remain valid for a three-year period.

For more licensing information, check out the City of Omaha’s Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division website here.

Need a surety bond for a construction project?

Payment bonds and performance bonds are often required for specific construction projects. No matter the state, SuretyBonds.com can get you the bond you need for your next job.

Nebraska Farm labor contractor bonds

The farm labor contractor bond is required by the Commissioner of Labor in the amount of $5,000. This bond is put in place to ensure that the principal (farm labor contractor) adheres to the provisions of the Farm Labor Contractors Act. Specifically, this bond guarantees that the principal will comply with the following provisions:

  • Pay all sums due on employee wage claims
  • Pay all sums due to grower or producer of agricultural commodities for advances made to or on behalf of contractor
  • complies with all terms, conditions provisions, and requirements of Sections 48-1701 through 48-1714 of the Compiled Statutes of Nebraska

Read the full text of the Farm Labor Contractors Act here.

Nebraska farm labor contractor bonds and licenses expire annually on March 31 and cannot be terminated during the term.

How to become a farm labor contractor in Nebraska

After being bonded, contractors can become licensed to work as farm labor contractors in the state. To become licensed, an applicant must meet the following requirements:

  • Demonstrate good character, competence, and reliability
  • No denial of farm labor contractor’s license, permit, or certificate denied, revoked, or suspended in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction in previous three years
  • Pay all required fees
  • Show proof of financial ability to promptly pay the wages of employees and advances made by farmers or owners or lessees of land intended for crop production

Access more information about licensing requirements here. Visit the Nebraska Department of Labor’s website here.

Electronic Delivery
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees