generic bond icon

Nebraska Contractor License Bonds

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a Nebraska contractor bond cost?

Nebraska contractor bond premiums start at $50 annually. Your exact surety bond cost will vary depending on the construction bond required for your contractors license and its required bond amount. Most contractor bonds required by cities in Nebraska cost $100 annually. 

How do you get a Nebraska contractor license bond?

You can buy your Nebraska contractor license bond online 24/7. Simply select which bond you need from the dropdown above or the table below, and enter the information required by your city for filing approval. You typically need to provide your contractor or construction company name, physical business address, and license type. After your order is processed, your official surety bond will be emailed to you.

How fast can I get a contractor license bond?

Our industry-leading technology and responsive customer service team allow us to deliver your official Nebraska contractor license bond faster than any other surety provider. offers digital delivery for all Nebraska contractor license bonds. Orders placed by 4 PM CST Monday-Friday are typically processed with same-day emailed bond delivery. 

If you have any questions about Nebraska contractor license bonds, call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with a friendly surety expert. We're here to guide you through the contractor bond process so you can get back to running your business.

Bond Type
$5,000Department of Labor Farm Labor Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Aurora Contractor Bond
$5,000City of La Vista Contractor Bond
$5,000City of Lincoln Contractor License BondUse of Public Space, Sign Contractor, Excavation Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, Pyrotechnic Display, Fiber Optic
$25,000City of Lincoln Contractor License BondHouse Mover
$10,000City of Omaha Contractor Bond
$12,500City of Omaha Contractor Bondfor Electrical Contractors
$10,000City of Omaha Commercial Air Conditioning Contractor Bond
$20,000City of Omaha Excavation Contractor Bond
$10,000City of Omaha Residential Air Conditioning Contractor Bond
$1,000City of Scottsbluff Right of Way Contractor Bond
$2,000City of South Sioux City Contractor Bond
$10,000City of South Sioux City Contractor Bond

What is a Nebraska contractor license bond? 

Nebraska contractor license bond” is a blanket term for the different surety bonds required for contractor licensing throughout the state. The Department of Labor Farm Labor contractor bond is the only surety bond required for state contractor licensing. Individual cities enforce all other Nebraska contractor bond requirements for local licensing compliance. Although each bond form has it's own terms, contractor bonds are generally used to reinforce contractor licensing laws. 

Why do you need the Nebraska contractor license bond?

By filing a contractor bond, you agree to comply with the provisions of your contractors license. Your bond protects the state, your city, and your clients from financial loss up to the full bond amount if you fail to comply with your surety bond terms. If your surety company pays out any claims, you will be required to reimburse them in full. 

What contractor licenses require bonds in Nebraska?

The Department of Labor state license for farm labor contractors is the only license type that requires contractors to file a Nebraska surety bond at the state level. If you perform construction work in one of the cities listed below, you must file a bond with them directly before getting your local contractor license. If you need a surety bond for a city not listed below, call 1(800)308-4358.

  • Aurora 
  • La Vista 
  • Lincoln
  • Omaha 
  • Scottsbluff 
  • South Sioux City 

Need a surety bond for a construction project in Nebraska?

Nebraska contractor licensing bonds are required for licensing compliance. If you need a surety bond before you can begin work on an individual contracted project, you might need a bid bond, payment bond, performance bond, or other type of contract bond. If you work in states other than Nebraska, we also offer contractor license bonds nationwide.

How do I update or change my contractor license bond form? 

If your licensing authority requires you to update any bond documentation information, contact your surety company. If you purchased your bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested include your contractor or construction company's name or address.

How do I renew my contractor bond? 

You must renew your Nebraska surety bond before its current term expires to keep your contractor license in good standing. Once you pay your renewal invoice, renewal instructions will be emailed to you to keep your bond active for your next license term.

What is a Nebraska farm labor contractor bond?

The Commissioner of Labor requires farm labor contractors file a $5,000 surety bond to ensure they adhere to the provisions of the Farm Labor Contractors Act. This bond specifically requires farm labor contractors do the following.

  • Pay all sums due on employee wage claims.
  • Pay all sums due to agricultural commodity growers or producers for advances made to or on behalf of the contractor.
  • Comply with the terms, conditions, provisions, and requirements of the Farm Labor Contractors Act.

Nebraska farm labor contractor bonds and licenses expire annually on March 31.

How do you get a Nebraska farm labor contractor license?

You must meet the following requirements to apply for a farm labor contractor license in Nebraska. 

  • Demonstrate good character, competence, and reliability.
  • Have never been denied a farm labor contractor’s license or permit or had a certificate denied, revoked, or suspended in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction in the past 3 years.
  • Pay all required fees.
  • Show proof of financial ability to promptly pay the employee wages and advances made by farmers, owners, or lessees of land intended for crop production.

For more information about licensing requirements for farm labor contractors, visit the Nebraska Department of Labor website. 

What is an Omaha Nebraska contractor license bond?

The City of Omaha Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division requires contractors to file a $10,000 surety bond, electrical contractors to file a $12,500 surety bond, and residential and commercial air conditioning contractors to file a $10,000 surety bond. 

Omaha offers the following contractor license classifications. 

  • Class A: construction work on all structures, up to and including high-rise buildings
  • Class B: construction work on structures up to 4 stories tall
  • Class C: construction work on homes and duplex buildings
  • Class D: residential remodeling work
  • Class E: roofing, siding, window, and deck installation work

How do you get an Omaha contractor license?

Complete the following steps to apply for your Omaha contractor license, which will be valid for 3 years.

  1. Pass your licensing examination. 
  2. Apply for your license classification.
  3. Pay the licensing fee required for your classification.
  4. Purchase insurance as required for your license classification. 

For more licensing information, visit the City of Omaha Planning Department, Permits and Inspections Division website.

How do you get an Omaha air conditioning contractor license?

Air conditioning and air distribution contractors, also called “ACAD contractors,” can get licensed for either commercial or residential work. Complete the following steps to apply for your Omaha air conditioning contractor license.

  1. Have 8+ years experience installing ACAD systems; or 4+ years experience installing ACAD systems employed by a licensed master ACAD contractor after obtaining a journeyman ACAD technician license from the City of Omaha; or 4+ years experience installing ACAD systems employed by a licensed master ACAD contractor after obtaining a journeyman ACAD technician license from another city with requirements equal to the City of Omaha.
  2. Submit a license application 2 weeks prior to the next ACAD board meeting. 
  3. Pay any applicable fees per Omaha code section 40-43.
  4. Pass your licensing examination. Visit the exam information pages to learn more about testing for commercial air conditioning and residential air conditioning.
  5. Purchase and file liability insurance and a surety bond.

Mail your application to the Air Conditioning/Air Distribution Board, c/o Permits and Inspections Division. 

Air Conditioning/Air Distribution Board c/o Permits and Inspections Division
1819 Farnam Street, Suite 1110
Omaha, NE 68183

How do you get a contractor license in Lincoln?

This building and safety bond is required for all development services including health, planning, transportation and utilities, and urban development to promote safe construction in the community. Complete the following steps to apply for a City of Lincoln contractor license. 

  1. Apply for the necessary permit(s).
  2. Pay applicable fees. 
  3. Schedule an inspection and have the following information prepared: permit number, date for inspections, and access instruction.

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert