generic bond icon

New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond

Select Bond For Price
We offer 24/7 instant email delivery. Buy your bond now to get it within 6 minutes!


Backed by SSL, our online bonding process is secure. We are committed to your privacy.


We shop the top surety markets to find you the best rate.


We’ve streamlined the bonding process to make your experience as fast and easy as possible.

How much does a New York liquor license or alcoholic beverage bond cost?

New York alcoholic beverage control bond costs start at $100. Your bond premium will depend on your New York Liquor Authority license type and its required term. 

  • Liquor Warehouse Permit: $250 for 3 years
  • On-Premises Wine and Liquor License: $175 for 2 years
  • Retail Liquor License: $250 for 3 years
  • Retail Liquor License Trucking Permit: $250 for 3 years
  • Seasonal Retail Liquor License: $100 annually
  • Wholesale Liquor License: starts at $100 annually

If you need a wholesale liquor license bond amount that's more than $10,000, your invoice will be provided after a quick application review. 

How can you get a New York alcohol license or permit bond? 

You can purchase your New York alcoholic beverage bond online 24/7. You'll need to provide the following information for New York Liquor Authority approval.

  • applicant name
  • physical business address
  • county
  • license type

Once your payment is received, your official bond documents will be delivered to your email instantly.

How fast can you get an alcoholic beverage control surety bond? offers instant email delivery for New York alcoholic beverage bonds 24/7. Purchase now to receive your official New York State liquor authority bond delivered in minutes by email.

If you have questions about New York alcoholic beverage control bond requirements, call 1(800)308-4358 to speak with a friendly surety expert. We're here to guide you through the liquor bond process so you can get back to running your business.

Bond Type
$5,000Liquor Warehouse Permit Bond3 year term
$1,000On-Premises Wine and Liquor License Bond2 year term
$1,000Retail Liquor License Bond3 year term. Retail license to sell only beer, either for on-premises or off-premises consumption OR off-premises liquor and wine licenses (package and wine stores)
$1,000Retail Liquor License Trucking Permit Bond3 year term
$1,000Seasonal Retail Liquor License Bond1 year term
$1,000-$10,000Wholesale Liquor License Bond1 year term
$10,001-$20,000Wholesale Liquor License Bond1 year term

What is a New York alcoholic beverage control bond?

New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law requires individuals file a surety bond before being licensed as a liquor retailer, liquor transporter, liquor warehouse, or liquor wholesaler. State bond form L-9 is officially titled the “Bond in Support of Application for License or Permit Under the New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law” but is more commonly known as the “alcohol license bond” or “liquor license bond.” These bonds require licensed liquor businesses to operate according to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law enforced by the State Liquor Authority. 

Note: The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance enforces a separate New York Alcohol Distributor Bond requirement for businesses that distribute alcohol.

How does a New York alcohol license or permit bond work?

By filing a New York State alcohol bond, liquor licensees agree to work according to alcohol beverage control laws. This bond protects those harmed by a licensee's noncompliance. The issuing surety company will pay valid claims up to the full bond amount, which the licensee must then reimburse. Any violation outlined in New York State Law Article 10 is subject to punishment. 

Who regulates liquor retailers, transporters, warehouses, and wholesalers?

The New York Liquor Authority enforces licensing regulations for alcoholic beverage licensees, including the New York alcoholic beverage control bond requirement. If you have questions about your surety bond, license application, or license status, you can contact the Liquor Authority by calling 1(518)474-3114 or emailing [email protected]. 

Who needs an alcohol permittee bond?

You might need a surety bond if you operate the following types of businesses in New York state or New York City.

  • bars
  • beer, wine, or liquor retailer
  • winery
  • any other establishment or premise that sells or serves any alcohol or spirits

How do I update or change my alcoholic beverage control bond? 

If the New York Liquor Authority requires your surety bond documentation to be updated for any reason, contact your surety company. If you purchased your alcoholic beverage control bond from, email [email protected] to explain the needed change. The most common changes requested for these bonds are the business name, address, or county. 

How do I renew my state liquor authority bond? 

You must renew your alcohol license bond before its current term expires. Once you pay your renewal invoice, we'll email you renewal instructions to keep your bond active for your next license term.

  • Seasonal retail and wholesale liquor licenses and bonds are issued for 1 year.
  • On-premises wine and liquor licenses and bonds are issued for 2 years. 
  • Liquor warehouse, retail liquor, and retail liquor trucking licenses and bonds are issued for 3 years.

What are the requirements for a liquor license in New York?

Your licensee requirements will vary depending on which permit you need. You can find more information on specific licensing requirements in the Additional Resources section below. You'll file your alcohol license or liquor permit application with the Alcoholic Beverage Control once you've purchased your surety bond in the correct required amount. 

Call 1 (800) 308-4358 to talk with a Surety Expert