1 (800) 308-4358
Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CST
  1. 1. Choose A State
  2. 2. Choose A Bond
  3. 3. Enter Your Info
  4. 4. Purchase Your Bond

New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond

Cost: $50.00 / 1-year term

Want your bond emailed to you tomorrow? Buy your bond now.

How much does a New York retail liquor license or alcoholic beverage wholesaler bond cost?

Retailer: If you sell at retail any alcoholic beverage, you are required to post a liquor license surety bond in the amount of $1,000. The cost of these bonds depends on the length of the bond term, which must be the same as the license. Although the premiums are prorated due to fixed expiration dates, the minimum premiums are as follows:

Wholesaler: If you sell any alcoholic beverage for the purpose of resale, the New York Liquor Authority requires you to be bonded in an amount determined by the Authority.

Because the bond amount can vary greatly between licensees, surety bonds for wholesale liquor licenses are subject to underwriting, meaning the cost is based on the applicant’s credit. However, highly qualified applicants are typically approved to pay just $12 per $1,000 of coverage with a minimum cost of $100.

Bond amounts are given my the New York Liquor Authority. Contact the Liquor Authority at (518) 474-3114.

Bond Type Bond Amount Cost
$1,000 Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond Seasonal Retail Liquor License $1,000 Starts at $50
$1,000 Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond On-Premises Wine and Liquor Licenses $1,000 Starts at $75
$1,000 Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond Retail license to sell only beer for on-premises or off-premises consumption OR Off-premises liquor and wine licenses (package and wine stores) $1,000 Starts at $100
$1,000 Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond Retail Liquor License Trucking Permit $1,000 Starts at $75
$1,000+ Alcoholic Beverage Control Bond Wholesale Liquor License Bond $1,000+ Starts at 1% GET A QUOTE

Purchase your retailer liquor license bond online instantly! Apply for your alcoholic beverage wholesaler bond online today!

Why do I need a NY liquor license bond?

Bonded principals (retailer or wholesaler) guarantee to faithfully oblige by the provisions of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law and all rules given by the State Liquor Authority. Any violations as outlined in New York State Law Article 10 are subject to punishment.

Consumers affected by any violations or negligent actions can file a claim against the retailer or wholesaler. If the claim is valid, the surety company that issued the bond will pay up to the full bond amount to settle the claim. However, the principal is then required to repay the surety company in full.

Specifically, these bonds offer indemnity to any person that endures a loss or damage caused by fraudulent acts of the principal.

Fill out a bond request and a bonding expert will contact you to start your bonding process.

How long do NY liquor bonds remain in effect?

Electronic Delivery
50,000 Satisfied
Customers Nationwide
No Hidden Fees

Retailer liquor license bonds are continuous, meaning they are effective for as long as the principal continues to pay the premium. Wholesaler alcoholic beverage bonds are good for a one-year term.

How to become an alcohol retailer or wholesaler in New York


All liquor retailers must have a license prior to conducting business. Submit retailer license applications to the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control as well as a $1,000 surety bond and the required licensing and application fees listed on the NY Retail License Fee Schedule.

Depending on your specific license type, you may be required to submit additional information such as filing sheets or investment records. To find these additional requirements, check out the Alcoholic Beverage On-Premises Licenses Webpage or the Alcoholic Beverage Off-Premises Licenses Webpage.


All New York alcoholic beverage wholesaler licensees must be licensed to legally partake in liquor wholesales. Submit license applications to the New York State Liquor Authority. Submitted applications require the following additional material:

Additional information such as a diagram of the premises or a filing receipt must be included. For a complete list of additional requirements, visit out the Alcoholic Beverage Wholesale and Importer Licenses Website.

Ready to get started?

Get a FREE Alcoholic Beverage Bond Quote Today!

Additional Resources

License Overview Page

Retailer and Wholesaler Application Forms


Liquor Service Authority Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control Retail Applications

ABC - Alcoholic Beverage Control

Retail License Renewal Application


Wholesale License Renewal Application

NY Liquor Authority: Become a Manufacturer or Wholesaler

Alcoholic Beverage Wholesale and Importer Licenses and Application

ABC - Alcoholic Beverage Control